Thursday, October 11, 2012

"If you could see me now" By The Script

Hey guys,

As I have said before I love to read and write... I am writing my own young adult book. I mostly read books, yes. However sometimes we hear a song and we read the lyrics and they really touch our soul. I am a huge fan of The Script, they're an Irish band that has recently gained a lot of popularity worldwide. Most of you may have have heard their songs: "Breakeven", "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" and "For The First Time", amongst many. They write their own lyrics based on things they have experienced or heard from someone else. Their third Album was released in the US two days ago... Off course I had preordered it since two months before that... yeah I know, you probably think I'm crazy... Why order something I wont have for two months? Because I love their music, that's why. Me and my fiancee are going to their concert in Boca Raton, Fl on Nov 2nd... Although the more correct statement might be I am dragging my fiancee to their concert in Nov 2nd... yeah... That sounds more accurate... Anyways enough rambling...

I listened to their third Cd (ironically tittled "#3") as soon as I could, not only did I get the Cd for my car but also the deluxe edition from ITunes for my Iphone. I'm pretty much listening to them now 24/7, to the point that I know all the songs. I can't pick favorites because they are all amazing!!! Nevertheless "If You Could See Me Now" really hit home. My Dad passed away over four years ago, I know I am a Daddy's Little girl, I say am and not was, because even though he's gone, he's very much alive inside of me. I follow the path he laid down for me and I try my best to make him proud on a daily basis.

Danny and Mark (the lead singer and guitarrist from the band) have lost parents as well. It is amazing how I feel the same things they write (There are days when I'm losing my Faith, because the man wasn't good, he was great!) My father was a great man, and sometimes you see deadbeat Dads who don't love their kids and they are still alive, however someone as amazing as my father, or his father, were taken away much too soon. I do the things they do ("I still look for your face in the crowd, Oh If you could see me now") Sometimes I may pass a stranger on the street and take a second look because I think I saw my father pass by me, it hurts so much when you realize you won't see them again because they aren't here anymore. They write in the song ("The truth is you're gone, and I'll never get to show you these songs".) I'll never get to show my father my book, I won't get to share with him my wedding day, he won't get to walk me down the aisle and that is probably one of the saddest things, he won't get to meet my children or teach them the things he taught me.

I guess all of us who have lost a loved one can relate to this song, it is not just about your father, or your mother. It is about how all of us together in this world share the same pain, to quote a song fromt their first CD "Together we cry", not all lives have a Happy Ending... We can try our best to make our own. It is not neccesarily about what you've got, but what you make of what you've got. When you lose someone close, a parent or a child, or just a loved one, you realize that life doesn't last forever. It is a wake up call to learn to live everyday to the fullest. To learn how to share our love with those around us. There are things you think about, what you could have said, what you should have said, how that person is now gone and you never told them exactly how important they were to you. Don't miss the opportunities we are given on a daily basis. Our days in this Earth are a gift and not a given right, they can be taken away at any point and I know it is human nature to questions "What if?". We need to start appreciating what we are given rather than dread on what's been taken away.

I will never forget my Dad, just as you may never forget your loved ones that are gone but we also need to remember those who are still here. Learn from loss and don't make the same mistake of not saying how we feel to those that are still here.

Back to The Script, they are amazing!!! Every song relates to you or to someone you know and I believe everyone can appreciate the honesty in their writing. To learn more about The Script go to:
www.thescriptmusic.com/us

Trust me when I say, if you haven't heard of them, once you do, you will not stop listening.

Love, peace and chicken grease :-)

Schedar

No comments:

Post a Comment